HOMEMAKER: PRIVACY/COOKIES & OPT-IN POLICY
1. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
1.1 Who is responsible for your personal data?
The Swedish company HomeMaker AB, as a registered trademark under the name HomeMaker®, is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and are responsible for your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1.2 Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
1.3 What types of personal data do we collect?
We will collect personal data that you submit to us when you:
Initiate contact via a contact form on our website
Subscribe to our newsletter
1.4 How do we use your personal data?
Your email address, name and your phone number is used to make it possible for us to contact you in order to fulfill our services together with you. If you subscribe to our newsletter via a pop-up or static form on our website, we will send links to our blog articles to your email address.
1.5 What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time (free of charge once a year). If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as bookkeeping rules or when there are other legitimate grounds to keep the data, such as unsettled debts. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
1.6 Who has access to your personal data?
All your data is stored very securely. Only HomeMaker AB employees, who for example need this data to contact you regarding business with you, will have access to the information. We do not forward, sell or trade your data for marketing purposes or to third party organisations outside HomeMaker AB.
1.7 How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken technical and organizational measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation, unauthorized access. We continually adapt our security measures in line with technological progress and developments.
1.8 Information about Cookies
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 12 months. Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser session. You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. For instructions on how to handle and delete cookies please look under ”Help” in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
1.9. Third party cookies
We use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form for Google Analytics, Hotjar and Upsales. We use these cookies to analyze traffic on our website in order to improve the overall website experience. The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
The site may include links to other websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information about specific subjects.
2. Opting out
2.1 How you can opt out of marketing
- If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can at any time use the “Unsubscribe” link present in all marketing emails from us or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that opting out of email marketing typically doesn’t mean that you won’t see ads from us, please see the section below on how you can opt out of web tracking, although it doesn’t mean that you will opt out of ads altogether.
2.2 How you can opt out of web tracking
- Most browsers allow you to block third-party scripts. This will limit the cookies that can be set by third-party scripts. However, this will not completely eliminate tracking by some third-party services as they may use first-party cookies.
- Most browsers also allow you to ask not to be tracked (it sends the “Do Not Track” request header). If you have enabled this feature, we will not track the pages you visit in a way that may enable us to connect them to your Personal Data. However, our page views may still be collected anonymously. Many of the third-party services we use for collecting anonymous data also respect the Do Not Track setting.
- You can opt out of interest-based advertising on these two pages: NAI consumer opt-out page and DAA opt-out page. This will not remove ads, but will for example remove the possibility for us to display ads to people that have visited our website. Note that these services themselves require cookies.
You can also opt out of the individual services we use:
- Facebook: You can turn off interest-based ads in your Facebook settings – please see this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Google Ads, including Google Adwords and Doubleclick: You can turn of personalization for Google’s display and search ads – please see this page: You can edit your settings for ad personalization here. There is more information on ad personalization on Google and through their ad networks here.
- Google Analytics: You can use Google’s opt-out browser add-on to prevent tracking in Google Analytics, see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Hotjar: You can turn off Hotjar recording by following the steps on this page: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
- Microsoft (including Bing): You can turn off interest based ads here: https://choice.microsoft.com/
- LinkedIn: You can manage your advertising preferences here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences?lang=en
3. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Authorized controller of data: Philip Goransson
Company name: HomeMaker AB
Organization number: 559147-3151